Many of us have sites that work well enough. Our content is written beautifully. Customers can navigate to the information they need in order to make their reservation. But it is a concern when a site is functional, yet isn’t able to be viewed on a smart phone or isn’t eye catching to a viewer.
Is it possible to have both? Can you have a site with beauty and elegance whilst being visible to your potential guests though the search engines? Can it provide all the information necessary to help them make their decision?
It is possible and in this case study we examine Melbourne’s Hotel Lindrum.
Client: Hotel Lindrum
Hotel Lindrum is a modern hotel that pays attention to is origins. It’s stylish 59 rooms are focused on contemporary style and luxury-class service in the beautiful city of Melbourne. This cosmopolitan boutique offers plenty of dining services to their guests. Also, Hotel Lindrum hosts meetings and events with a touch of class.
The old becomes new when modern renovations became a priority. The owners and management wanted a facelift for their site to match the efforts they put to keep Hotel Lindrum fresh and contemporary. But the hotel’s website didn’t have that modern touch. It was time for a new site. A few considerations included:
- Will the site send traffic away?
- Will happy guests still be able to find Hotel Lindrum online?
The web development team set out plan to redesign the older, blockier site in favor of a modern design. Also they utilized optimization guidelines set by the seoWorks team to ensure their new site was still competitive in the search engines.
- Added new and redesigned site with full page photographs
- Created a beautiful site that was mobile Friendly and Responsive design
- In line with the brand, created a site conveying the luxury experience, but not sacrificing the functionality or visibility of the site
- They added a prominently displayed “Book Now” page that is accessible without seeming heavy-handed
- Allowed the finer side of the hotel to show complete with a photo gallery
Since their website creation in the 4 quarter of 2015:
- Customers and Guests clearly appreciate the efforts Hotel Lindrum has done, because they are less likely to leave by 20% without clicking around
- Hotel Lindrum has goals set for event enquiries and online purchases. Hotel Lindrum experienced a 20% increase in Goal Conversions after the new site
- Guest are clicking on 24% more pages while on the site
- Overall traffic is up nearly 5%
We hope that this case study has been enlightening and maybe has made you wonder if it’s time for you to look at hotel web design. With Hotel Lindrum’s story in mind, you can see that a re-design of your hotel site doesn’t need to be painful. If you are considering a new website, contact our team today and we can help you create both a visually appealing and search engine friendly website today!